“By far, CCH ProSystem fx is the best software around!!!!"
“CCH ProSystem fx - reliable and generally accurate. Huge initial learning curve, but very capable in complex scenarios."
“CCH ProSystem fx has been consistently reliable and accurate with good technical support.”
“We like the completeness of the program.”
ProSystem fx Tax Review
Why use ProSystem fx Tax?
It is simple to install, easy and fast to use. CCH has put tremendous resources into making their product flexible and user-friendly in order to let accountants increase their productivity rather than spending too much time in navigation and trudging through data entry that can be done smarter, faster, and with fewer errors using ProSystem fx Tax. The customer service staff is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, and friendly even with less tech-savvy accountants. Like all programs, minor glitches sometimes arise, and CCH responds to those issues by bending over backwards to fix problems and constantly improve their product. They consider themselves to be partners with their clients in making the best possible product for tax preparation and overall productivity. In their own words, they are “the only game in town.”
What’s new about ProSystem fx Tax for 2008?
ProSystem fx also has some many nice features which are not new this year, but that have been a big hit with clients.
- Server capacity has tripled to handle the rapid increase of demand.
- Expanded insurance return offerings to meet federal filing mandates.
--Consolidated insurance returns, Consolidated 1120-L and 1120-PC are now available for paper filing.
--Mixed group consolidations. Mixed group consolidated returns containing 1120-L and 1120-PC subconsolidations and Form 1120 parent for paper and e-filing.
- Consolidated REIT. Ability to consolidate Form 1120-REIT.
- Direct import from Excel spreadsheet of Forms 5471 and 8865 including multiple files at once.
- K-1 packages. Users can print K-1 packages to individual PDFs for 1041 and 1120S.
- Footer information added to Form 8879. Client I.D. appears on footer of e-filed returns.
- Office Manager options expanded.
- One-page depletion schedule added with income and expense in columnar form for 1040, 1041, and 1120.
- Smart Charts for state taxes. Ability to link directly from state forms to appropriate state smart charts.
- State taxable income workpaper has multiple enhancements.
- The e-file system is expanded by the addition of 10 states, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah.
- Many forms and workpapers have been redesigned to add flexibility and usability, including 990 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120.
- Related product that is not part of the tax program but a great addition for increased productivity.
--ProSystem fx Scan. Gives users the ability to scan directly into 1040 forms. Enhanced OCR availability and extraction quality. Installed locally for added security.
Reduces errors and data entry time.
Client portals. Availability of client portals for fast and secure transfer of information and completed returns. Clients that forget to supply documents can simply place them in the secure portal where accountants can retrieve them. Completed returns and other communications can be exchanged in the same way. As the world becomes even more security conscious the importance of client portals will continue to grow.
Paperless. Client portals and other features of ProSytem fx Tax make it easier to move toward a paperless office.
Forms list. Along the left side of the return preparers can bring up a list of all forms, with forms that have been populated marked for easy identification, making it unnecessary to go to two separate lists of used and unused forms.
Hash totals. Hash totals appear as a double-check when multiple figures are being entered.
State consolidation. Allows 41 state consolidations for business returns.
Insurance. Features 16 insurance states for property and casualty returns.
Here’s a look at ProSystem fx Tax in terms of:
Contact ProSystem fx Tax at:
Or by calling: 1-800-PFX-9998
- Price. First year cost is $3,445 for 2008. Discounts are available upon renewable… just call and ask for details. Per return cost is $32 for federal and $27 for state. For firms that need to do just a few extra state returns other than the primary state they operate in, authorization pricing is available, similar to “paper returns.”
- Add-ons. ProSystem fx also makes Data Scan. This lets you query your database for statistics, for example, “how many returns did I prepare with client AGI above $1 million?”
--Client Manager is another useful tool that allows accountants to keep all client information in one place.
Engagement Plus is a status tracker.
- Support. A toll-free phone number is available for support, for extended hours during the tax season, 7 days a week, and for 24 hours/day at the end of tax season. Online support is also available, and there is a knowledge database within the program called “Answers.” According to customer service reps, clients can get online help most easily through the live chat. ProSystem fx clearly puts great emphasis on ensuring their support reps are not only knowledgeable but also friendly and patient. This is an area where ProSystem fx really shines.
- Ease of data entry. The program is easy to navigate, easy to use, and a lot of work has been put into making tasks flow in a logical sequence. Regular users report that they find it easy to get around and work in ProSystem fx Tax. Making it even better is the ability to scan documents into the program (which are then imported into the correct forms at the preparer’s request).
- Program speed. Navigation and calculation are fast enough to keep up with the speediest accountant.
Network capabilities. Allows unlimited users. Allows for tracking a return through the office. Network use is as high quality as standalone use.
- Availability of tax organizer. Tax Notebook, the online organizer, eliminates tax preparer data entry, reduces entry errors and postage expense.
- Client portals. These portals make fast and secure transfer of information possible, between clients and accountants. Clients who forget to supply documents can simply place them in the secure portal at their convenience, where accountants can retrieve them at their convenience. Completed returns and other communications can be exchanged in the same way. This increases security and decreases the use of paper.
- Refund anticipation loans. RALs are available. Electronic refund check processing and electronic refund deposits are also available.
- Clients documents and letters. All available through the program.
- Spanish version. At this time there is no Spanish version.
More About The Product
Handle All Your Tax Compliance Requirements
Well over two-thirds of top CPA firms use ProSystem fx Tax, the award-winning tax compliance and preparation software from CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. The most comprehensive system in the industry, ProSystem fx Tax easily handles all types of federal and state returns, offers extensive electronic filing services, and helps you increase your productivity. Take advantage of ProSystem fx Tax functionality from any location using Global fx.
The following ProSystem fx Tax modules meet all of your firm's compliance needs:
- Deferred Compensation
- Estate & Gift
- Exempt Organization
- Electronic Filing
- Productivity Software
- Data Conversion Services
Has Outlook blocked your images?
If you need to right-click one of the images in this e-newsletter to see the pictures it's easy to set up AccountingWEB.com as a 'safe sender' so you don't have to do this every time you receive an e-newsletter. Select the Actions-Junk Mail menu and pick either the 'Add Sender' or 'Add Sender's Domain' option.